Somi (소미) is a Canadian-Korean singer signed under JYP Entertainment. She was first known for participating in the show SIXTEEN, which created the group TWICE, but didn't manage to make the final cut in the finale.
In 2017, it was revealed that Somi will be debuting as a soloist once her activities with I.O.I are over.
Somi was born in Canada to a Dutch-Canadian father and a Korean mother. She has triple citizenship: South Korean, Dutch, and Canadian.
- "Flower, Wind and You" (with Heehyun (DIA),Yoojung, Chungha of I.O.I) (2016)
- "You, Who?" (with Eric Nam) (2017)
Music video appearances
- Somi is a taekwondo third-degree black belt holder but could not gain the fourth-degree black belt like her father due to her age
- Somi was bullied as a child for being of mixed descent
- She has trained for 1 year and 8 months, including SIXTEEN. If including Produce 101, then she has trained for exactly 2 years.
- During the production of Produce 101, Somi has received the nickname "Vitamin" due to her beagle like personality
- She has a younger sister named Evelyn.